Friday, March 2, 2012

The South Korean Adventures Begin

So I've decided to dust off this space and re-purpose it. Why? Because I just moved to South Korea to teach English, and I'd like a simple way to share my experiences with my friends and family, as well as anyone else who may be interested.

A little background, I moved here (Daegu, South Korea) with my girlfriend Ashley Ozery just one week ago (check out the link for her own blog). We both had trouble getting jobs fresh out of college, and our backup plan became our main plan, and now we're here! We found the job through a friend of a friend, who hooked us up with a married couple whose names are Beth and Jess. They have been absolutely incredible in getting us the job, getting our apartment set up, and once we got here showing us around and helping us with every and any thing we could ask for. They teach at the same school that we do, and have already been teaching there for a year and a half. Next Monday, the school is expanding to include younger students, and that's who we'll be teaching.

So what will follow for now is just a few emails I wrote to my family about our first few days here in Daegu. It's a little haphazard, but hopefully understandable. In the future, I plan to update everyone through here, and I also hope to include lots more pictures and descriptions of life in South Korea.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment